My mother brought me some wool from Iceland in nice heather colors. I found a pattern in a book called Knitting for Baby. They don't take long to knit, but the other parts: seaming, felting, stuffing, finishing... that takes me forever. Finally finished knitting and seaming them all up today!
I turned this pattern for Totoro's little friend into a finger puppet and finally posted it to Ravelry as a finished project. I love this guy. I'll have to make a Totoro one day to go along with him. If you haven't seen My Neighbor Totoro, you should go do that right now!
I've been looking for simple baby toys to make. I saw some cute play cubes on Pinterest and sewed up a few following a tutorial, but I never finished them. The last part was to stuff them and sew up the last seam, so today was the day. It's a great feeling to finish projects. Done!
One of my favorite little black dresses busted at the seams from the last time I wore it. This fix was going to be tricky because of the top stitch finish. I ended up keeping the top stitch and just going under it to mend the open seam. I'm particularly pleased with this project. I did all of the work on the inside and when I turned it right-side-out to check how it looked, I couldn't find the place that I just fixed! Perfection!
My dear husband HATES labels in his clothes. He rips tags; I follow with warnings that he's going to rip holes. When he tore out the label of his light blue sweater and heard the tell-tale sound of a massive hole, I responded with something that starts with "I told you" and ends with "so"; but, today I fixed it gladly. TAH-DAH!
I have a bin for lonely lost socks that I have been meaning to organize for ages. In order to reunite lost socks with their mates that meant I had to do all the laundry, and that meant it was going to be a two day project. This became a much more involved fix-it project than I expected; however, in the end, I paired lots of socks and fixed the lost sock problem. I can now declare some of these lonely socks officially single and let them go. YAY!
Everything I tried to fix today, ended up being more of a mess. This was a horrible, terrible , no good, very bad, fix it day of February. Asa result, all I fixed was the contact page. I did fix a very nice breakfast for myself, but that doesn't really count. Ah well, tomorrow is a new day of attempts to mend and make something better.
Today I fixed and updated half of my past projects on the site. It takes forever to go through the documentation and select images that represent the work, but it's a bit like looking at pictures of old friends and good times from the past.